Please fill out the form below to pre-register for your event(s).
2022 Class Details
- Open – Riders rated 2 and above
- Pro/Am – Pro (rated 3 and above) paired with an Amateur (rated 2 and below)
- #7 HC (no cap on either rider) – Regular sorting class where team rating total is no higher than a 7 (a 3 and 4 could ride together, but a 4 and 4 could not)
- #5 HC – Regular sorting class where team rating total is no higher than a 5
- Foot Sort – sorting cattle on foot instead of on horses. Pair of Lacrosse boots given to the winners of this class every show thanks to our generous sponsor!
(All classes Friday, with the exception of the foot sort, are $30/ride with 60% payback.)
- Open HC – Riders rated 2 and above
- #9 HC – Regular sorting class where team rating total is no higher than a 9
- #10 RH HC – Designated gate and sort riders, pick up to three gate and three sort rides
- Youth Class – Sort riders ages 16 and under paired with a rider rated 3 and above
- #7 Rookie HC – Rider rated 3 and above in the gate, sorter is rated a 1
- #6 HC – Regular sorting class where team rating total is no higher than a 6
- #4 HC – Regular sorting class where team rating total is no higher than a 4
(Open is $50/ride with 70% payout, #9 and #10 are $30/ride with 60% payout, #7 Rookie and Youth class are $20/ride with 70% payout, #6 and #4 are $30/ride with 50% payout.)
Ranch Sorting Terms:
HC: Handicap – Handicapping gives a team with a lower team rating additional time to sort. They will be given a 1/2 second for each number a team is under the max team rating. For example, in the #6HC class if the team total rating is a 4, they will be given a full second longer to sort than a team with a team total rating of 6.
RH: Ranch Hand – meaning there is a designated gate and sort rider and you do not rotate. Whoever is sorting stays sorting in the herd and whoever is holding the gate stays holding the gate.